torsdag 8. mai 2014

And all shall be well

I dag er det minnedag for Julian av Norwich. For meir informasjon om henne kan ein sjå Wikipedia eller to tidlgare bloggpostar på denne bloggen, ein frå 2012 og ein frå 2010.

I dag vil eg legge ut ein liten snutt der eit utdrag av Revelations of Divine Love blir lese på det som blir sagt å vere mellomengelsk. Stilig! Teksten er som sagt henta frå Revelations of Divine Love,  heilt konkret frå kapittel XXVII som er ein del av det trettande openberringa. Heile teksten på meir moderne engelsk ligg under, henta frå utgåva av Revelations of Divine Love ein kan finne på Christian Classics Etheral Library.

AFTER this the Lord brought to my mind the longing that I had to Him afore. And I saw that nothing letted me but sin. And so I looked, generally, upon us all, and methought: If sin had not been, we should all have been clean and like to our Lord, as He made us. 
And thus, in my folly, afore this time often I wondered why by the great foreseeing wisdom of God the beginning of sin was not letted: for then, methought, all should have  been well. This stirring [of mind] was much to be forsaken, but nevertheless mourning and sorrow I made therefor, without reason and discretion.       
But Jesus, who in this Vision informed me of all that is needful to me, answered by this word and said: It behoved that there should be sin; but all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar